Thursday, July 10, 2008

Studio

Peja and I have reached an agreement.

So long as she likes the songs I'm writing and recording, she'll let me work in the studio without burning the house down or driving the car to Montreal.

Now, you might wonder, what kind of music does this little person like?

Her favourite genre is something she calls "Dancey Dancey music".  This doesn't mean, like, techno, or even hip-hop / R&B, but rather anything with a good beat.  So, in honour of that, I've been playing drums until Peja starts dancing, and then lay down about 2-3 minutes of that beat, and then build the song from there.

It's the complete opposite of how I've written every other song in the Barn Flyz catalogue. Which is probably a good thing.  Or a disaster.

But I'm working in the studio, with a goal.

There was a moment when I was writing songs for what became Songs for my Seaweed Girl, after writing "Tryin' you on" that I decided I wanted to write a whole record of stuff based on what Sienna liked best in my music.  I'm hoping I've found that moment for the next record.

1 comment:

Adam Hewgill said...

Hey where is the demo?