Thursday, February 05, 2009

Coach Jay

I'm kicking the shit out of this cold.

Central Public School's new boys basketball club started up on Tuesday, and I have officially begun my coaching career.  There is a lot of enthusiasm and talent at central.  The first thing I said to the team was that they all had to be nice to Peja.  They all turned together and said hi to her up on the stage, where I had her safely sitting behind a hockey net.

My basketball team got to play at KCVI last night -- 4 on 4 on a full court is such a fun fast game.  Our team remains overmatched, but there is a real change in tone on the team -- lots of smiles and laughs -- whether things went good or bad.  I also had the best shooting night of my life.  It was ridiculous.

The crooked house faces off against a stone mason tomorrow morning.

Jay.

1 comment:

P's Momma said...

what?? i thought it was for boys and girls!!! what's up with that? But i am glad they're being nice to P... or else the mean Auntie T will have to make an appearance!!!