Thursday, December 23, 2010

Toronto, Tony, and Jolly Ol' St. Nick. . .

Played my first show in Toronto in 7 or 8 years. Thanks Nick and Steph for asking me along. The family came to the city and we hung with my awesome Aunt and Uncle (and don't forget cousin Tom!). The gig was at a little upstairs of a bar. The Peat Bros had a film crew there to try and capture their incredible live energy; made the performance a bit strange, with the audience back 10 feet while two bigs guys pointed cameras in our faces (alright, not so much in my face -- there's a reason the band is The Peat Brothers).

A very strange side note, and wearing my glasses for more than just the set could've helped here, but I managed not to recognize my good friend Anthony Addario, who was apparently playing drums for one of the other bands on the bill. 10 Years and we all look just different enough, I guess. So, Salut Tony! Glad to see you're still playing music. I'll catch up with you the next time we're randomly on a bill together in a city I nearly never visit -- or hopefully sooner!

Peja and Christopher recorded this song for Christopher's Grandparents' Christmas present. Enjoy!

No comments: