Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Race. . .

Quick mention -- awesome Skeleton Park Music Festival. Sienna sold out of her rad knit creations and Peja and I cruised around seeing music and lots of great friends. I've almost forgiven them for not letting me in; next year, my friends, next year.

Posters around town have my name with Kyra and Tully and The Lady Racers, which is pretty cool.

On my way to work on Thursday, I pulled the E-bike out of the driveway in front of a cube truck. We passed each other a few times up the Concession Street hill, and again on the slow downhill towards the railway tracks on Bath. I tried to catch his eye for a "hey, lookatme, I'm keeping up with traffic!" smile, but to no avail. Bath opens up after Value Village, and the cube truck flew passed me doing about 80, and the race seemed over. . . But I helped out the motor and killed myself up the hill towards the busy lights at Gardeners Road. I passed the truck for the last time at Days Road (he was turning left), and I turned into work, having kept up with traffic (at least the big slow cube truck part of it) the whole way out. $0.03 commute, same time, fresh air, why don't you ride one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratz to Sienna on selling out!

You should scan that poster so I can put it on your website.

I think I would feel ultra lazy e-biking around but I have to admit that I secretly am tempted.

Awesome schizophrenic comment!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! YAY SIENNA!!!! Told ya she rocked and that fruit was cool!!!