Friday, January 12, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way to the studio. . .

So they're here.

Sienna's folks.

Peja's grandfolks.

And they love the kid. And the kid loves them. And I got freed for like 4 hours on a wednesday morning.

You know that look that a lost dog has when it's wandering through a strange neighbourhood, and you just KNOW that it's lost and you grab it's collar and check it's tags? Well, I think that's what I looked like when I realised that I had my first chance in about a month and a half to really get some work done in my studio. I didn't know where to start, where the album was at, what songs to work on, if I should be writing, or finding old lyrics, or what.

I decided to evaluate all the work I've been doing since the band break-up. Somehow, there's a lot of songs done, 10, in fact, that I think are pretty much on-target for the kind of album I wanted to make. So, I finally get time to do some recording, and it's already done. . . But mixing and mastering and artwork and lots of other fun stuff will fill my newly found spare time.

The 30 brave comics have all been mocked-up. I printed the first 2 today and inked all of the first and half of the second. Inking is so terrifying - I spend most of my creative life using word processors and multi-track recorders completely married to the undo and redo short-cuts.

I guess it's kind of like a live performance - high-risk and high-reward.

I need to get some wite-out

Jay.

No comments: