Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Express Post

Tomorrow night is the first practice with the new band. I've been busy writting out tabs and chord charts for the tunes. It's amazing how little lead-guitar I remember -- and my ear and guitar technique are conjoined enough to make it easy to decode.

I'm working on content for the new website -- I really like when bands take the time to write some stuff for their online world, so I sent an Email out to the Barn Flyz down in Guelph -- I got back a "from the desk of a barn fly" letter in about 10 minutes (I guess the -10 weather is giving the boys some time for internet use). I need to write some more stuff, and do some more graphic design.

Ex-Parkas frontman Grady Kelneck is coming down to hang out with Peja, Sienna, and I, and do some recording in the studio. I'm going to drag him along to the Barn Flyz practice -- he plays a mean accordian, and I want to use it to fill in for the harmonica parts I'm not so adept at playing avec guitar.

Did I just use some french to get out of a messy sentence?

Whoops.

Thanks to Adam and Tara for always carting out the comments.

In Grand Caymen, we had this bus driver from Jamica who would always ask us to "speak to me, when you speak to me, it makes me feel better".

Off to the post office -- I hope there's a line-up, and that the person in front of me is express-posting invitations to a 300 person wedding.

Jay.

No comments: