Sunday, July 15, 2007

Inverary Post-Show

It's Sunday morning, and Sienna and Peja just headed out to hang out with some of Peja's little friends.

The Lady Racers were totally amazing, and I hope I get to play another show with them in the future. Thanks to Kyra and Tully for putting on the festivities, thanks to the Inverary Playhouse and it's operators, and thanks to Paul who rocked the bass and helped a lot with the sound. Huge thanks to everyone who came out and gave their money and their time and their applause.

The play house is a beautiful room, and our hosts gave us a great deal. The draw wasn't as big as we hoped, but if you could fill the place, it is a fantastic venue.

This was the first big show I've played without a sound-guy, and I have a new respect for the craft -- it's a real f'n hassle to be messing with unfamiliar sound gear in a short time-frame while you're trying to get ready to perform. I'm wondering if I should make a new plan for the Wilson room show -- I hadn't totally decided what to do, but I think I might check out the cost of having a sound guy who isn't me.

No comments: