Thursday, September 06, 2007

School

I sent out an Email to all current/prospective barn flyz, hopefully we'll get back a response that breathes life into the band.

I'm sitting at work -- the drums have been moved to the big studio with the window, so it's a much nicer place to come and hang-out for a few hours. My kids are all coming back from summer vacation, and I think almost all of them are continueing from last year, which is pretty nice -- either they enjoy it, or they couldn't talk their parents out of it. Drums are hard, because it's such a huge investment in time and space and money, and it puts a lot of pressure on the kids to get really good fast. I quit guitar lessons when I was 9, I remember pleading with my parents to let me quit, becuse it was sucking all the fun out of music. It's a fine line between pushing and turning-off.

I was talking with Grady Kelneck (ex-parkas) last night, about coming to K-town to do some recording, and I really want to try and put together some kind of show so he can play accordion with the band -- it probably won't come together, but it's a good mindframe.

Good luck to everyone back at school, and the University kids starting next week, and Tara, who I think is in her 24th year of education. . . Wow. . . Nice job keeping up the family average kid!

Sometimes I think about going back, and finishing either of my 2 almost-done post-secondary projects, or doing Humber College's post-grad writing workshop. . . Maybe some day.

Take care,

Jay

1 comment:

P's Momma said...

Hey, I do what i can... but it's only my ... hum...10th year... and hopefully only 2 more after this... but then you'll hafta refer to me as "my sister, Dr.T"

and you should go back to skool- it's what all the kool kids are doing!