Sunday, November 30, 2008

10+10+4+5 = my age

See, when I write it like that, 29 actually seems short, like very few years at all.  10 years as a small kid, 10 as a big kid, 4 early adult years wondering when my life was going to start, and 5 with Sienna and Peja-bear.  Just a snap of the fingers really.

Along with being back online, we've been skyping it up with my family, which is pretty cool.  They're in Orillia and Barrie, which makes it tough to see them as much as we'd like.  Sometimes I'd really like to be able to have a cup of tea with my dad, and this way I almost can.  Sure, I have to make my own tea, but the tea is just the excuse, right?  My sis is having a baby in March, so it means I'll get to see little Peanut (the kid's nickname) grow up more than the occasional visit.

We're debating getting a little drum-kit for Peja bear.  There are grant-requests going out to grandparents, and we're counting our pennies.  I always figured my kid would just wait until they could reach the kick-pedal, but Peja-bear is pretty tiny, and might not reach until just before her drivers test. . .

Hope you are all well.

Jay.


No comments: