Monday, February 08, 2010

Under My Hood I Have a Hat

Thanks to everyone who came out to Next Church for the gig on Friday. I got to kindly play a solo acoustic set during a concert put on by some amazing home school parents. Thanks to Ice on Fire, Lockdown, and Mars for sharing the stage with me. I sold some cd's, which was cool, and the gig made enough money to share with the musicians (better than I normally do!). Thanks to my boss Tim, who kindly volunteered his services as sound guy. It was a great night of local music, and had the vibe I always want at my shows.

Set List:
Thinkin' About You (radiohead cover)
Beautiful Solitary
City Lights
Sharon
When She Says I Do.

Oh, and the best part of the night -- one of my former students, a 6 year old named Austin, was there, and he walked over to me during sound check and handed me an envelope.
"Hey Austin, how are you?"
"Open it!"
"It's for me?"
"Open it! It's a picture I made for you, you can hang it on your wall, and a puzzle!"
The puzzle was titled, "under my hood I have a hat", which I think is an awesome title for anything. The puzzle was challenging, but rewarding.

No comments: