Thursday, October 11, 2007

The High Fives. . .

Is there a band called that? I think there might be. . . But, anyway, it's the new name for my rec basketball team (1-2), after last night's double-header, we cracked the win column, and I continued to suck suck suck at full-court team basketball.

November 3rd is a date that's getting thrown around as a show date -- I think I have enough commitment from enough people to declare that it's going to happen. The venue needs to be confirmed, but that should happen soon. Tim at Dorian will be helping me put it on, and I'm trying to get Grady to come down and be on the bill too.

So, it's like there's a band!

Oh, I shot 4 for maybe 16 on the night. . . Better percentage, mostly because I was trying to crash the boards as much as I could. I got a couple of assists and some steals, but I'm still hopelessly outclassed by my team, the opposition, the time keepers, and the leather basketball. More hustle, more hustle. . .

So, uh, if you happen to be a Barn Fly, maybe bust out your cd's and relearn the songs, okay? I'll do the same. . .

No comments: