Friday, April 03, 2009

Ikea Kitchens and Basketball. . .

The fine delivery company that ikea uses gave me a call yesterday to let me know that the new kitchen is ready to be delivered. . . Now, I was kind of expecting it in a couple of weeks, so my response was, "Uh, that's great, but the kitchen doesn't have a floor right now. . ." So the kitchen is coming on monday. I rushed over after the call and put the floor down (after 6 rooms, I am damned near a wizard with the vinyl-plank flooring) in just a few hours. As a side note, my knees are ruined. The knee-pads do nothing!

I played some old teammates at basketball on Wednesday night, after sending some facebook trashtalk. . . They played awesome, I played much less than awesome, and they nearly doubled my team's score. Alas. Playoffs next week. Because there's an odd number of teams, and because we're dead last, we get to play our first game against a team that has just played -- all at the full sized court at KCVI.

My junior boys played there first game, and for the first half they completely dominated. They ran hard, got fast breaks, got back on defense, and shot a great percentage. My point-guards got some great assists, and we looked like a well oiled machine. They the girls team took over -- they put in one tall line up and started getting back on D. It was over. They probably outscored us in the second have 10-2. Overall, just a really great game, and tons of fun. The kids were cheering like crazy, all positive stuff, and the energy in the room was really high. It was also my first time refereeing a "real" game, which is more fun that I thought. I was also consistently yelling "push! run!" to my team, as well as giving high-fives after baskets.

No comments: