Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Next Church Post-Show

Next Church is a great venue. I had a good time with Kyra and Tully, as we celebrated some videos from Lenny Epstein, the new E.P. from Kyra and Tully, and Tully's birthday! There was indeed cake. Lia Dawson (of Lady Racers fame) opened the show and was amazing; her set was far too short for my liking. Me Man Jack played some good stuff I hadn't heard before, including a really cool trippy song that had this great Bb / C thing going on -- during sound check I tried to horn-in on the piano on it (Tully was elsewhere for a moment), hoping to steal his spot, but to no avail -- an invitation to replace was not forthcoming. That's a messy sentence. . . After a brief intermission, the Kyra and Tully extravaganza (I'm trying to rename the band this, but I don't think it's going to happen) took the stage.

Peja and I are up early this morning. It's a school day. And we don't have curtains in our room, so the sun keeps waking us up earlier and earlier. Have to do something about that before the solstice. . .

Good times at City Park yesterday for the really summery day. Busted out the sun screen for the first time. Good to see everyone back outside after a long winter. When did my kid become one of the big kids on the playground?

No comments: