Saturday, May 02, 2009

The Hockey Table Abides. . .

Jammed with Peja yesterday. She had a crazy busy day with school and ballet, and we only played through a couple of tunes, but she sounds as good as ever, and this morning we spent some time on iTunes looking at possible cover songs for our band.

I set up my drums, which is the big first step towards having the studio operational again. The hockey table, as always, is the big item to find a spot for -- it's huge, and you need space on both ends to play. But it's coming together.

Kyra and Tully got into North by North-East, the big Toronto music festival thing in June, and they've very kindly asked me to come along and rock the bass. The only issue is that the show is on Peja's birthday, as well as the awesomely awesome Skeleton Park Music Festival. I'm trying to rig it up so I can do everything -- it will be a mad day indeed.

This morning Sienna and I both seemed to forget we were working today. . . She slept in and I hadn't arranged child care. . . But it'll all work out.

Hope all is well with you,

Jay.

No comments: