Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pardon the Delay. . .

Sorry for the lack of blogging action lately. I started a draft post the day after the show at the Community Garden with Kyra and Tully way back whenever that was. . . And then I didn't get back to it for a while. . .

The show was great, and better than that, Peja came along at spent the day like a farm girl, climbing on hay bales, getting dirt in her hair, and even winning 2nd place in a sack-race! (For the record, that 1st place gal was like 12, 14, 22, some older age. And, really, I think she was juicing.) The little people were kept alive with sugared apple slices while the band competed with rototillers for creative control of the soundtrack of the afternoon.

I played a set somewhere along the way, which was fun -- Daniel was kind enough to accompany me on drums, which allowed me to rock out with "Society Dames", which really needs something more than just acoustic guitar.

Spent a bunch of time in my studio going over old stuff, tweaking demos, adding bits of guitar here and there. I just figured out how to import stuff live into my macbook, so I'm thinking about doing a little "hey, here's my shitty demos, want to help me decided what to do on the next record" video. Keep your eyes peeled. Might have to get a Vimeo account.

Look for Kyra and Tully on the big stage at the Skeleton Park Music Festival this weekend. I'll be the guy standing at the back. If you smile at me, I'll smile back, and then hit a wrong note, and then frown, and then stare at my feet for a while.

News about a gig coming soon. I swear. Just have to check a couple more things. . .

No comments: