Monday, November 15, 2010

Post Show. . .

The Peat Brothers show came after a stretch of about 72 hrs in which I got about 4 hrs sleep. So, I was grading my performance on a bit of a curve. . . But it was great fun, and the brothers themselves put on a great show. I got to play through a huge ampeg SVT bass head and an 8x10 cab -- memories of former radical dudez / barn flyz / and current Stanford bass player Nick Kaars. . . The amp was super punchy; huge thanks to the bass player from Dinosaur Bones for sharing his rig.

The show was at Clark Hall Pub, which, faithful readers will remember, was the site of the very first Jay and the Barn Flyz show, as well as about 300 Radical Dudez shows. It's a campus bar, so it was a good chance to feel wicked old, but the kind staff turned it all around:

"Hey guys, can I see some identification?"
"Uh, sure. . . " (thinking, "what year is the latest year to be 19. . . 1991?" oooh, just squeeked in by two decades. . .)

Great crowd, great songs. I'm playing again with the Peat Brothers at the Mansion on December 2nd -- come check them out, you'll be very impressed.

Jay.

No comments: