Thursday, October 19, 2006

519 Callin' . . .

I haven't talked much about this, mostly because I didn't want to jinx it. . . But things have been going well enough that I think I can share it with the 4 people who read this blog (hi sis!).

As some of you know, I started this frontman nonsense back in Guelph, with a group called (you guessed it) The Barn Flyz. I was playin' my indi-whathaveyou and they were playing their alt-rock-country-indi-whatever, and they needed a singer, and I got my first chance fronting a band.

I moved to Kingston after meeting/marrying (I think it was in the same day) my beautiful wife Sienna, and I tried to get the Barn Flyz to move down. Now, like the good farm boys that they are, they had to stay in Guelph and tend the fields. The kept sending me demos for songs, and I kept adding lyrics, and we did a few records "long distance".

My live bands came and went (mostly went), and just when I was thinking about throwing in the towel and becoming a banker or something, the phone rang.

The guys from the Barn Flyz wanted to make music again. And for the last 2 weeks, they've been driving back and forth from Guelph to write songs with me. The new record will be the first record with the LIVE Flyz on it since Free Soup for the Revolution.

Viva la Farm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it! I've enjoyed the CD you sent me (free soup) and expect this will be even better.