Tuesday, March 06, 2007

4 practices before the show. . .

It seems like yesterday this gig was 2 months away, but here we are, just 2 1/2 weeks and 4 jams away.

Had a good practice on Sunday, it was actually the first time that the whole new band was in the same room at the same time.

I had a long talk with Tim after work last night, and he's going to move back to promoting the show and being our sound engineer. The band's sound has been evolving, and unfortunately, I think Tim got caught in a pinch between rhythm guitar and keys. So, thanks Tim, for all your time, and we'll be very glad to see a familiar face out at the sound board.

Now, here's the rub; without Tim, I'm the oldest old man in what is now a very young band. I think I'm actually the only one who can buy liquor. . .

Got a message from Grady today, and he's working on his set and polishing up his accordian to help us out on our songs.

Man, it's so damned cold. I don't know if Peja and I will venture out at all. Almost makes me wish we had a tv (I mean, aside from the one I have hidden in the attic to watch west-coast basketball games in the middle of the night. . .).

Take care,

Jay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you had a tv... now you can go in on a wii with us!!!!