Friday, March 02, 2007

Rockin' The Ice Storm. . .

Just got back from the Portsmouth Harbour building, where the Lung Association kindly invited me to play some music for their charity Gardening Show. The hydro lines are shedding their ice onto the sidewalks and roads -- take care if you're out and about.

Thanks to Walter, the sound guy, who I think took a lot of shit yesterday from musicians and booth workers over appropriate sound levels. I let him know that whatever he wanted was cool with me, and I think we found a happy medium. Thanks also to whichever kind volunteer brought me some ice water. The volunteer staff was very kind to me, and they're putting in so much more time and effort than the hour I spend singing.

I played for about an hour, with a 5 minute break, and despite the ice storm keeping almost everyone away, it was a great chance to try out the new songs live. It's the toughest kind of crowd, one that's there for something else -- but people were very kind and a few compliments were to be had.

I'd include a set list here, but it was about 25 songs, and I really don't remember the order. I just had the titles written across three pieces of note-pad paper, scrawled during spare moments in the last couple of days.

So, thanks Lung Association; hope I was of help.

No comments: