Thursday, May 01, 2008

4th Place. . .

We faced off with some of my old teammates last night -- in the basement of the ancient KCVI, which I thought was a really cool spooky building.

At half-time we were 8 points down, and the final score was 38-30ish. We were short-handed, missing our energy-king Jeff (who was off doing music theatre. . . uh. . .), and our rebounding was lacking (we have this skinny dude with long hair who just can't seem to box anyone out. . .).

I'm sorry to see the season end -- it was a great time, and I want to thank Bryn, Kaili, Sara, Jeff, Dave, and Dennis -- as well as super-subs Iain and Emily -- for teaching and tolerating me for 3 1/2 months. I hope I'll get to play with or against all of them in the future.

Losing to my old team was kind of bitter-sweet; they play a great game, and their shooting was fantastic -- as well, both sides were cheering good plays, regardless of which team pulled it off. It was how all rec games should be.

I think I'm going to check out the pick-up ball at Central Public; they play on Wednesday nights too, so I'm finally free to go challenge the Skeleton Park Dads and Moms. I am prepared again to be schooled.

Hope you are well,

Jay.

No comments: