Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Drop Shots

Peja is dancing to Janet Jackson.  I can't really figure out why we own that cd. . .  It's a mystery. . .

Working in the studio has continued to be really productive and generally good times.  I think there are at least foundations for about 5 songs, which is a good start.  I did a version of "Sunday Clothes" with a drum loop, some bass, and a bit of organ -- Sienna and Peja were here while I was working (generally they're out of the house), and Sienna got to learn the joy/pain of hearing stuff 100 times while recording.  "Jay, uh, I like the song, and it was fine for the first ten times, but after that. . ."  Thankfully, I got sick of doing overdubs before she came up and demanded that I stop -- another marriage-testing moment averted.

Studio work is such an asshole thing -- you need everyone else to be quiet while you are loud and repetitive and repetitive and loud and repetitive.

I played Tennis with my boss Tim after work on Monday.  It was a classic battle of skill versus hustle.  I'll kill myself to get to a drop shot, and then hit it back softly to the middle of the court, where my opponent lobs it over my head, and I'm racing back to the baseline to somehow hit it backwards over my head, again softly to the middle of the court. . .   But I got some good advice from Tim during the game, and even managed to go up a break in the 2nd set -- Tim got serious and pulled out a 6-4 set (6-3 in the first).  It was very good times, and the courts out in the township were new and perfect.  There was a huge outdoor public pool next door with three diving boards (one was a sweet 3 metre springboard), and next to that was a deluxe basketball set-up with about 8 nets and good pavement. . .  I love downtown, but we've got to play some catch-up on the facilities.

I'm thinking maybe a Fall E.P.  . . .  All I have to do is sell like 60 more Songs for my Seaweed Girl before then. . . .   Uh. . .

No comments: