Friday, July 18, 2008

Turtle Pool

Peja and I rocked the turtle pool today.

Somehow I managed to get wetter than her.  

The pool is about 4' across and I put about 6" of water in it.  We don't actually fit in it, sitting, at the same time.  It's alright, Peja prefers to sit on the edge and just wet her feet -- my mother's genes, I guess.

But it works.

Not quite the same as a lake, but the same post-"swim" evaporation stuff keeps you cool for about an hour.

The neighbors behind us have a pretty deluxe aboveground pool. . .  The trick, is to remember in the off-season to befriend them, because it's really to obvious if you follow "what a lovely pussy-willow hedgerow" with "so, how's the water on this blisteringly hot day?"

I don't put a lot of links on this blog, but since I sometimes post comics, this is kind of appropriate, maybe. . .   Have you read Garfield minus Garfield?  I was a huge garfield fan when I was younger -- it's got that Archie Comic appeal, where the jokes never change, and when you're a kid and nothing makes sense, garfield would always be hungry.  And Garfield minus Garfield has the same familiarity to me now.

September is bringing some very large changes to my life, and it seems to be running at me while I'm dragging my feet towards it.

Speaking of which, someone's stirring upstairs.  She's going to love school.  Damn it.

1 comment:

P's Momma said...

i wanna turtle pool too...i guess i can now :)

Great to see ya on the weekend... Can i get peja a princess pencilcase for school?