Sunday, September 27, 2009

Car-Testing the new Songs

Sienna took Peja downtown in the rain today, so I had a bit of time in the studio to mix down some tracks. I have a ever changing list going on a white-board beside the keyboard. There are about 15 tracks, in different stages of the process. After today's work, I think 5 tracks might be ready for the final disc. Peja and I took the CD/R out to the station wagon (gotta check stuff on the car stereo) and while throwing stuffed animals at each-other (her in the very back, me in the front, with the back-seat as a sort of demilitarized zone, the mixes sounded good. I hope that y'all enjoy the songs when the record comes out.

I'm not really sure what format the album will take. . . I can't imagine doing a big expensive thing again. I liked the look/feel of the digipak on "Songs for my Seaweed Girl", but it costs so so so so much. Thoughts? Ideas?

Big thanks to the whole crew at Central Public for spreading the word about the show. You are an awesome group of people. Bake Sale? Oh yes. Turkey Raffle? You know it. It's all happen October 2nd, 7pm, Central Public.

The window for the baby is now 5 to 9 weeks away. No, really. 5 weeks. Could be.

1 comment:

P's Momma said...

We really liked the digipak... we'll even buy our own cd this time (although i think we did last time)...

5-9 weeks... so exciting!! Can't wait to meet bean!!!!

Turkey time in just 2 weeks.. can't wait to see ya!