Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Drum Loop Song

3 days until the show. The cold that Peja gave me is still around, but improving daily; here's hoping the voice returns in time. . .

The white-board list continues to be juggled around. This strange drum-looped song is trying to break into the list. It's short, and a demo of it was circulated to little fanfare a while back, but I re-arranged and re-recorded it, and I think it's greatly improved. The lyric is about taking Sienna to see a Parkas show in my hometown over thankgiving weekend a few years ago. I hadn't been in my hometown in a couple of years, and I hadn't seen a lot of the people at the show in a good 5 years. There was a feeling that it was likely the last time I'd be in the enviroment that I lived in during highschool. It felt less like a reunion and more like a final fairwell. And the band was very very good.

So, right here would be a good time to play you a sample of the song, or the whole song, or have a music video with the song behind it. . . Uh, sorry about that.

Hope you are well.

Jay.

No comments: