Sunday, September 06, 2009

hi-8

My parents got me a hi-8 sony video camera as a highschool graduation present. hi-8 is a funny format, like S-VHS, it's "near broadcast" quality, but not quite beta-cam. In the youtube age, I think it might actually count as HD. It's pretty tricked out - it's got night-vision, a wide-angle lens adapter, and a decent stereo mic.

Anyway, I dug it out the other day, and popped in a tape marked "Peja's Life". The first thing on the tape is a Radical Dudez show from halloween 2003 -- which, depending on your politics, may indeed be a part of Peja's life. Then the tape goes on to show her first spoon feeding, her first roll-over, first steps, first words, first time playing drums while singing a improvised song about elephants, etc. . .

Sienna came to a lot of shows while preggers with Peja, and I wonder how much the she heard in there. . .

I'm going to pick up an adapter to throw some of that old stuff on here. Beware.

The awesome Kingston band Skeleton Park has confirmed for the October 2nd show -- just near to confirm the venue and I'll make the official announcement. I'm still trying to get one more awesome opening band, so hopefully that pans out too.

No comments: