Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My love of Weezer. . .

Alright.

Alright.

I already did my review of the new weezer single. In short, I thought it was awesome.

I got my copy of the album. . . It is. . . Uh. . . I'm going to give it a few more listens. . .

What is totally, and amazingly kick ass, is the two songs they played on Letterman last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i2K901_rAM


So, there are at least two great songs on the record (at least 3 on the deluxe edition with "the prettiest girl in the whole wide world" as the third), and they go from great to unbelievable when supported by the CBS Orchestra. Might've topped the legendary "Say it Ain't So" when Rivers had his leg in a huge metal cage under his baggy pants and couldn't move at all, while Matt Sharp hit his bass with the fury of a dying sun. Weez fans are going to disagree with me to the death, but I think there's something about these two clips that transcends.

No comments: