Sunday, May 27, 2007

Harmonica?

Accidentally stood-up Kyra and Tully last night. . . Somewhere between 4 pm when I told a friend how I was enjoying playing with them, and that I had a practice that night, and 8pm, when I was supposed to show up, it up up and awayed it's way out of my head.

Willem would say, "These things happen."

I said, "stupid idiot, goddamn it!"

I'm meeting a new student this week, Tim tells me he wants to learn the harmonica. . . Or, rather he's been learning, from the words and pictures of the great Mel Bay (who, despite being dead, manages to hold on to his publishing empire). So I'm going to step up to the plate. Let's all hope it's a blues harp. 'Cause if he pulls some Stevie Wonder chromatic action, I'm just going to lay down my cards and plead ignorance.

Trying times in the sleep department. Peja is a strong willed kid. If she ain't happy, ain't no one sleepin', and that's just the way it's going to be.

Google Analytics shows this little free blog beats the hell out of the real band site (see the blog header for link). So, I guess I should start updating it. . . I need a Karl Koch.

Take care, sleep for me,

Jay.

No comments: