Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What's a Leopard Frog?

Spend the weekend getting a cold to replace the flu. . . Good trade, but still a burn -- thankfully, I've been a drummer lately, and with enough cold medication, I can hit the snare on 2 and 4.

Went out to the studio on Saturday with Tully from Kyra and Tully, set up my drums (snuck in some extra gear). On Sunday we laid down what are known as "Bed tracks" -- keeper tracks of bass and drums (hat-tip to Rob on the bass -- fun guy, great player). The click-track gave us some headaches, but overall it was very productive, and Chris at Leopard Frog was really awesome -- if Jay and the Barn Flyz had any sort of budget, I know where we'd spent it.

The Studio is in Battersea (sp?), which reminds me a lot of home. Quiet lakes, trees, animals, the whole deal. Lots of wood and tile in the house; just beautiful.

Tim at Dorian got a call from the people that run the Wellington Street Theatre -- an old downtown church turned theatre, and apparently their rates start as low as $200 -- with lights and sound and the whole deal. Tim's going to go check it out, I'm going to try and tag along and see if this deal is really too good to be true. Otherwise, I think Jay and the Barn Flyz and Kyra and Tully might do a double-headlining show there late summer/early fall.

Peja and me stopped by and picked up my copy of the tracks yesterday (kindly welcomed by Popsicles and tea) and even in an unmixed and rough form, I'm quite proud to be a part of this project.

Pray for clear lungs,

Jay.

No comments: