Friday, June 01, 2007

No More Purple Bike. . .

I'll get a picture up soon, maybe with some more details and stuff, but I switched the Ebike motor over to my Uncle Jim's old bike. As much as I liked rocking the purple girls' bike at 40 km/h, this bike fits me better, and it's a bit lighter and better designed, leading to a better top speed, better acceleration, and the throttle actually fits properly, so I don't have to have it resting on the front brake lever. Also, when I have to lift it, it's a lot nicer having the horizontal bar of a men's bike, as opposed to the sloping women's bike design.

Sienna and I are talking about switching our electricity to this service that effectively buys enough wind power to make up for you use -- which would mean that I'd be biking to work on wind power. It's around 3 extra cents a kilowatt hour.

I really want to sell the car. It's just a big fat mountain of hypocrisy sitting in my tent-garage. Anyone want to buy a low miles '95 Ford Contour?

Music news -- new rehearsals with Kyra and Tully are starting up next week, in preparation for the Elphin Roots festival at the end of the month, and a gig at the Inverary Playhouse. I'll be playing a few songs to open that show, which will also feature the Lady Racers -- a band I saw last year at the Wolfe Island Music Festival; they're cool.

Peja wants to go to the park. I want to eat lunch. The battle begins.

No comments: