Thursday, January 22, 2009

Big Fish. . .

The new KSSC basketball season began last night and my new team gave a good effort in a 26-23 loss to my old teammates from three seasons ago.  We are not the polished affair that the blue crush team fielded last season; I am far less out-of-place on this team.  

It's like the age old question of being a big fish in a small pond or a little fish in a big pond.  I think I played a solid game, only 1 or 2 turn-overs, and I didn't shoot my usual terrible percentage.  And the biggest news -- I made a lay-up!  Holy-shit!

In other basketball news, my junior basketball coaching career should be starting early next month.  At the parent council meeting last night most of the details were finalized, and Sydenham Public has kindly offered their gym if we have conflicts with the drama production.  So, I guess I need to buy a whistle. . .

No comments: