Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Ways I'm Not A Musician. . .

1.  I'm generally on time.

2.  When I'm late, I feel guilty, rush, and apologize.

3.  When I'm late, I'm aware that I'm late.

4.  I don't exclusively drink beer and coffee.

5.  I don't drink coffee or beer at all.

6.  I like to know if gigs are happening, when they are happening, where they are happening, and I'd like this information more than a few hours before soundcheck.

7.  When I send an Email about something, or receive an email about something, I feel like a response should happen in the next 24-48 hours.

I have many close friends who are musicians, and they certainly don't follow all these stereotypes, but damned if I don't fail them all.

There's a bit of radio silence about the gig, which I never enjoy, and perhaps a change of venue might happen.

We're going to look at a house closer to downtown tomorrow.  It costs a lot.

No comments: