Thursday, June 14, 2007

Elphin-Bound. . .

Alright, so I think it's kind of official or whatever, pending whatever acts of god, but it looks like I'll be playing bass with Kyra and Tully at this years Elphin Roots festival, like, for real 'n stuff. It's a pretty great honour for me, playing an instrument that I love to play. I've been learning the 17 Kyra and Tully tunes, which has been really fun and a great way to deconstruct some of the songwriting I really admire.

Quick note, Congrats Kev! Kev and I almost killed each-other (well, I'm assuming. . . I know I almost killed him anyway) on an epic 18 day driving-fest across the country and back in 2001 or thereabouts. That was the trip that reminded me that I hated where my life was and set me on a new path. But Kev just had his 2nd baby girl, which is pretty damned awesome. How this dufus gets to live with 3 beautiful girls, I'll never know.

Adam, get the hell off the sidewalk. You're going to kill some poor old lady. Although, I do strongly endorse the yelling horn. So you're 1 for 2. Also, you made my website for free. . . Hmmmm. . .

No comments: