Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cats

Dear Diary. . .

Score so far: Cats 1, Mice 0.

Sanders, a middle aged orangish cat has moved in for two months while his family is off to Japan.  It really is the best way to have a pet.  We get to enjoy the novelty, it's free, and in 2 months we get relieved.  That said, Sanders is an outdoor cat who spends 99% of his time outside in a nice suburban neighbourhood.  I have 2 drug houses in sight of my front steps, and Stephen Street is a highway during rush-hour.  So, for now anyway, the kitty's staying inside.  He's actually got a good scam going on right now -- with Sienna's shift work and the three of us mostly missing each-other, he's getting at least 2 of most meals.

Good gigs on the weekend -- Peja got to dance beside me at the Skeleton Park gig, which was pretty much my dream (well, maybe her on the drums might be better, but I'll let her take her time).

The kid started school.  I will take her again next week.  Apparently, next time they expect me to leave her there.  There's a tree outside with a good view of the classroom. . .

Basketball season is closer and closer and closer. . .  I just got my 4th confirmation for the team, and I'm sure we'll have no trouble rounding up members 5 and 6 and maybe 7.

Album 12 or whatever is going to fill the time when Peja is being brainwashed, so that should get going faster soon.

Jay.

No comments: