Thursday, September 25, 2008

Game 1

My rec basketball team has our first game last night.  We're playing out at the new French Highschool / cultural centre.  The gym is very strange -- it's regulation length, but very narrow -- the three point lines nearly hit the sidelines.  But it has decent rims and glass backboards, so it's a step up from last season.

There was one play that really defined my role on the team.  I was dribbling up court, and the guy guarding me got a piece of the ball.  It bounced into my feet, I tripped on the ball, did a somersault, and then slid a good 5 feet on my back.  The other team froze, obviously concerned that I might be injured, and my teammate Bryn grabbed the ball (still rolling down the court) and got an easy lay-up.

It was a very fun and entertaining game.  I wore my glasses for the first time, and I think it really helped me throw some decent passes and keep track of players.

Peja's at school, so I should go get some work done in the studio before I pick her up for lunch.

Take care,

Jay.

No comments: