Saturday, September 20, 2008

Charlie Brown Music

I dropped Peja off at school the other day.  She ran away from me into the classroom.  I left the school and started home.  And then it started to rain.  I put up my hood and trudged home, alone.  All I needed was some sad Charlie Brown music.

On a brighter note, the next school day after that I managed to get some work done in the studio.  I'm working on a track called "I and You", which I think needs another part. . .  But the recording work I did let me arrange a rhodes-style piano part -- a sound which is starting to define this album as much as the harmonica did the last.

Basketball starts next week -- Captain Jay and the Blue Crush (uh. . .  alright, the official name is just Blue Crush, but I'm going to talk to the team about that. . .) will be back!  Sara got us a couple of new teammates, ringers, it seems.  There really isn't any doubt I'll be the worst basketball player on our team -- which, so long as my teammates tolerate me, is the very best situation to learn from.

Hope all is well with you -- I just got some new video-editing software, so maybe Peja and I will make some kind of film thing soon.

Take care,

Jay.

2 comments:

P's Momma said...

I heard you're going to be an uncle... isn't that jay and the barn flyz news worthy?!?!

P's Momma said...

Denton and i both can picture you with the charlie brown music... so sad...

We look forward to the new "chatting with peja" type posting...

see... only related to the posting!