Friday, December 19, 2008

Basketball Trophy

The new closet/cupboard/wardrobe/storage-solution thing is up in the bedroom -- the job isn't done, since the third part of it, which was meant to fit under the tilted part of the ceiling. . .  blah blah blah. . .  But, anyway, Sienna and I put it together, and didn't murder each-other.  I'm proud.

Peja is coming along on the drums.  Her pink-eye is looking better, and she'll actually let me put in the eye-drops without holding her down and prying open her eye-lids.

So, I headed down to the Queen's Inn and picked up the basketball trophy, and as I'm doing this, I kind of realize it's my first ever trophy.  I mean, somewhere there's probably a participation thing from age 6 soccer in a landfill somewhere with my team's name on it, but as far as a trophy I had a hand in earning, I've earned my first at 29. . .  Now, the league is co-ed, so, of course, the trophy has a girl basketball player on it. . .   Although, given my slender build and long hair, I'm just two sanded-away breasts from a personalize trophy. . .

My dream of coaching basketball at Peja's school is coming closer and closer.  I am wicked happy.  News as it happens on that.

Enjoy the snow,

Jay.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy: "I hate to admit this but this is my first trophy, the only problem is, that goofy golf guy on top. Maybe the guy at the trophy store could put a little hockey guy on there--"
Chubs: "Happy, shut your trap!"