Monday, December 08, 2008

Santa




It's a bit of a contentious issue with my family, but Peja knows the truth about Santa and Jesus and the Easter Bunny and masturbation and sex and all the rest.  Now, I know that's a pretty crazy list there of things.  And, for the record, she didn't really give a good goddamn when I told her about sex.  I went the scientific route, of course, and she didn't give a crap.  Not one bit of interest.  It was like I was telling her how to change the spark-plugs on the car.  And the longer I live with her, the more I wonder if it matters about Santa either.

Sienna's parents took Peja to the mall today to see Santa.  There are 8 different things in that sentence that make me shudder.  But she was excited all morning before she went, and I got the picture back, and she seems pretty happy to be hanging with Santa (real beard!), despite the information that he is likely an underemployed average joe looking to make a few bucks around christmastime.  I explained to her that he would ask what she wanted, and that she should have an answer prepared.  I suggested a few things, but (at least when she left) she was going to ask him for snow for christmas.  I worked this afternoon and evening, and she was asleep when I got home, so I'll have to ask her tomorrow how it went.

The kid and I have had dueling endless colds for the past month, which has made singing and recording a bit rough.  But I am hopeful it can start again soon.

I'm a colour ink-cartridge away from sending out Songs for my Seaweed Girl to college and community radio stations across the country.  I let you know when it's out there, and if you like, you could email requests to the stations in your area.  If you want.  No pressure.

Still working on movie-software issues. . .

Stay warm,

Jay. 


No comments: