Wednesday, August 05, 2009

8:30, at the Mansion, and a more about the station wagon

Made a call up to Sydenham today. Same wagon, 1 year newer, 30,000 less km. I found it in two different online ads, with a $1000 price difference -- the lower price was only $500 higher than the wagon I test drove yesterday. However, the phone confirmed that yes, the lower price was a typo.

So, the test drive. I drove up and met with Jerry Jackson at Jackson Motors. "Been in business for 53 years, and I'm one of the first ones to put the price on the car, you know, I might see a guy like you walk in and just say, "$7,800", you know? The dealerships would be calling me and asking me what the hell I was doing, but I told them I'll run my business my way, and they can run their business their way. I do things honest. I'll tell you the truth."

Now, generally, in life, when someone tells you over and over that they are honest, odds are, they've already stolen your wallet.

So he got the keys and I took it for a drive, and met up with Peja and Sienna on a walk. The girls loved it. The stereo doesn't exactly pump, but it tries, and it does have a great clear sound.

Decisions, decisions. . .

Oh, and tonight, 8:30-11ish, Kyra and Tully, Lia Dawson, Jay sans les barn flyz, at the Mansion; see you there!

Jay.

No comments: