Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Old Tunes. . .

The new song up over there -->

It's called "Wave", and it's from a record called "Great Lakes". The art from that record is two pictures, one from the window of the boathouse at my grandma's cottage, and the other out of the window of the cottage on Wolfe Island that we lived in for 9 months when Peja was 1.

The guitarish bit at the end is stolen from Radiohead (right at the start) via Cuff the Duke (near the end of the cuff the duke tune)

It's really completely derived from those two songs, and the lyric couldn't mean less if it was about being a rich coal minor's daughter's sick goldfish. Not that I did it on purpose -- not that I could've if I tried -- but it's interesting to me now. Retrospectively. Retroactively. Retrorocketry. Retrospeculatively.

Is it cool to put the old songs up? Is one at a time the best way? I figure then you don't get sick of them, and when there's a new one, it's all "oh, I wonder what this is?". Thankfully, since this band has more records than we've played live shows, there isn't any shortage of songs to post. . .

Hope you are well.

No comments: