Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tornados and the Ol' Leather Pumpkin. . .

Sienna called me up a couple of hours ago to warn me about the big storm headed this way. It hit some places around Toronto, tornado style, and did some real damage. Sienna asked me to bring in Peja's basketball net, which really made me smile.

Played some one-on-one at the park tonight; trying to remember how to shoot the ol' leather pumpkin. The chain mesh has reappeared on one of the nets -- they were ripped-off a few weeks after the new court was put in -- and I played to a stalemate while Peja stayed up past her bedtime playing in the playground with one of her friends.

I've decided not to play KSSC basketball this year, after 3 great seasons, and one season where I shot the ball 100 times a game and we generally lost by 20 points (I deny any correlation), I'm going to take a break and try and work more on the band. Don't worry, long suffering readers, I will still regale (read: bore) you with my basketball stories, but they'll be from the local pick-up game instead.

No comments: