Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stealing Stuff

Aside from those extremely ridiculous $600,000 judgements against that one lady in Kanas or whatever, whose kids shared like 3 songs on Kazaa in 1998, pirating music, movies, and software is pretty darn risk free.

In most cases, it's simply the easiest way to get stuff. It's fast, free, easy, DRM free, and doesn't require remembering passwords, credit-card safety codes, my mother's maiden name, or anything else.

Today I bought my first single from iTunes.

$1.29

Hmmm. . .

Yeah, about that. . .

I've always justified home-taping, cd-dubbing, and downloading by saying, "hey, I'm a musician, and I hope people copy my stuff ", but it's got to the point where it's actually more convenient to pirate something that I already own on cd rather than walk across the room, take out the cd, and rip it into iTunes. So, when compared to actually working, earning money, and going to a record shop. . . Forget it.

But not today.

Because the Pirate Bay's trackers are down. . . I hear. . . From someone else. . . Who pirates stuff. . .

So, $1.29 for the new Weezer single.

It kicks ass.

No comments: