Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Post Show. . .

Just got home from the Kyra and Tully show at the Mansion.

My last time at that bar was in 2004, at a Radical Dudez show. Back when it was called The Peel Pub, we got asked to play at some big party there. The P.A. System wasn't grounded properly and if you were touching your guitar while darling to touch the microphone, you got 120 volts of fun in the face.

Tonight's show was the opposite -- amazing perfect sound. Their 2nd floor live music space has amazing JBL powered monitors and mains, and the sound guy was super nice and awesome.

I opened the show with some acoustic stuff -- I managed to spill my glass of water on my setlist during sound-check, so I was guessing a bit as to what to play. . . Thanks to Daniel Shipp for playing drums with me, and thanks to Kyra for singing along on a couple of tunes.

Thanks to everyone who came out for the show.

No comments: