Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bringing it all back home




Faithful friends and readers, and specifically the disgruntled Kevin Plested; firefighter, computer-nerd, balding late twenties icon of success and familial bliss,

This morning I woke up on a soft warm bed, in a beautiful state room, on a luxury cruise ship in the golf of mexico. 2 baggage checks, 2 bus-rides, 1 air-port shuttle, 2 pilots (first one got sick), 1 plane-ride, 17 semi-platonic security pat-downs, 2 customs questionaires, and a 3 hour drive on the 401 later, I find myself back in my house in Kingston, freezing on a 2nd hand couch, writing to y'all.

And, yes, it's very, very good to be home.

Jay.

P.S. Comics, music news, and lots of other stuff very soon. Maybe even some pictures from the trip. Isn't that just what everyone wants to see? Uh. . . I'm the guy with the serious lung infection and the 101 fever. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Jay. Hope you had a good time with the family.

Anonymous said...

Yes, welcome back Jay.

I just got back from the Mayan Riviera myself, which is why I haven't replied to your mention of me.

I feel so humbled to have been mentioned now, but computer-nerd ? Adam takes that title hands down. Heck, you picked him to design your new site over me, that has to say something.

Off to clean out "my" half of the garage so I can get my car in there, wifey's van is all warm and dry.

Read ya later.