Saturday, January 20, 2007

The New Barn Flyz. . .


The live show is planned for Saturday, March 24 -- it'll be at the Salvation Army Church by Victoria Park. It's funny that two main choices for downtown venues are bars or churches.

Because the real Barn Flyz aren't even speaking with me right now (enough re-takes will test any friendship), I've been putting together another kingston set of Barn Flyz to fill in.

Josh from Cedar Speeder will be rockin' the bass, and my very cool boss Tim Tran will be taking lead guitar duties. I'm meeting with a keyboard player tomorrow, Nick, who was recommended for the gig by a Grady Kelneck, ex Parkas singer/guitarist. So the band is just about put together. Now, uh, all we have to do is, you know, learn the songs. . .

I put together a set list, and dug through and found all the cd's and stuff to make up mix cd's with the right tracks in the right order. Man, I couldn't find a copy of Free Soup to save my life -- I had to download 15' away from the Radical Dudez website.

Oh, and Peja and I bought a new Harmonica Brace yesterday -- live harmonica is going to take some practice. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have Free Soup. Do you need a copy :)