Monday, January 08, 2007

I was back at work tonight, teaching drums over at Dorian. It's a job I'm really starting to enjoy -- the commute is the only burn, because I'd really rather not own a car, but 15 minutes of driving compared with and hour of bus riding is just a bad trade. Also, we use the car on occasion to buy apple juice and to visit family.

Tomorrow, I think, my in-laws are moving to town. They're coming to see Peja, and see Peja they will! We're hoping to set up some stable times so they can hang with her and I can get some work done in my studio. Production on the new album should really pick up. I'm still aiming for a late March, Early April release. Adam over at Average Adam is signed on for some web-design, and we're hoping to have the capacity to sell the record not only mail-order, but with options for downloading too.

Over at Zunior you get PDF's of artwork and stuff with the downloads, so maybe we'll try for that kind of thing too. I'm sure there's a service, possibly even Zunior itself, that would manage that stuff for me, but it'd be really neat to be able to sell digital files directly without any middle-man. I mean, what's the point of selling online if your still paying someone to "stock" the music? It's just a lower-quality product with less money going to the artist.

So we'll see about all that. And I'll try and get some new comics up. And get the 30 inked. And sent away to be rejected.

Maybe finish my novel.

Miles to go before we sleep.

Jay.

No comments: