Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Piano Man

Today I jammed with a fellow BMLSS Grad, one Nick Peat, who plays some mean keys. Grady did not lie, the kid is great. We worked on the new folk/country version of City Lights, and a few other things, and each time he came up with something great to play.

And, although I have yet to manage to get the whole band in a room together (I'm hoping to do so sometime in the next couple of weeks, I swear), I'm really started to think you should all buy advance tickets for the show and help us sell it out!

The challenge is going to be getting my electric piano to the venue - they have a grand-piano there, but Nick was coming up with some great Rhodes, Organ, and Vibrophone stuff, so I think I'm going to have to find someone who's back seats fold down (alas, mine do not -- why, Ford, why?).

Had a very nice dinner tonight with Sienna's folks -- they were kind and had a fork, knife, and spoon waiting for me. I practiced with her dad for a while after dinner, picking up raw rice, and I think next time I'm going to brave the chopsticks at the inlaws dinner table. I mean, Peja's actually getting pretty good with them, I could at least try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love using chopsticks, makes the meal that much better. All it takes is a little practice.

:)