Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Basketball Net

I've assembled the three parts of my new basketball net. I'm not ready to leave it outside, not until we figure out something to lock it to, but it's painfully close to being together.

The floor upstairs is being pieced together. It's this cool vinyl plank stuff that sticks together and just floats as one huge piece. You can sock slide from the studio to Peja's room now; next, the sock slide to the master bedroom and the bathroom. It will happen. Peja and I went over the other night just to hang out, and we figured out that if I curled up in a ball and held on to Peja, and she ran in circles around me, I would spin around so fast that I wanted to throw up. I think that means the floor is awesome.

I have to decide what the hell I'm doing with the bamboo floor in the living/dining room. And we need a kitchen. . . The fine people at Ikea have their best people on it, and I'm sure that eventually there will be a place to cook. On the bright side, some people are coming to look at the apartment this weekend and early next week, so if we can get that sucker rented for May 1st, then everyone wins and we can pay back the $6,000,000 we owe many different places.

My brand-new nephew PJ is still trying to get home from the hospital, some wacky O2 stats are going to keep him overnight, but hopefully he can get home tomorrow, and we can Skype him for the first time!

Thinkin' about you PJ,

Jay.

No comments: