Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rushed morning.

Peja came into our room at about 6:30 this morning, which is a bit early, but she went back to sleep, as did I (Sienna had left for work circa, uh, whenever it is that she leaves), and when we both work up, it was 8:35. Which is nice. If it wasn't a school day.

"Peja, we have to get up, we're late."
"Daddy, you get up first."
"We're both getting up. I'm getting up right now."
"You get up first."
"Get up!"

She headed off to her morning rounds, and we met up at the top of the stairs around 8:40.

"What do you want for breakfast?"
"Do we have any cereal?"
"Yeah, lots of cereal."
"Lots and lots of cereal?"
"Just tell me what kind you want!"
"Do we have cheerios?"
"Do you want cheerios?!"
"So we have lots and lots of cereal? Lots and lots?"
"Goddamn it! We're late!"

Now, to frame this a little better, I played about 3 hours of basketball last night, and went to bed shortly before I assume Sienna heads off to work. I had a wicked dehydration hang-over and a gimpy knee.

I want to give Peja and myself some credit, because we made it to school at like 9:07 or something, which is 32 minutes from when we woke up, having eating a good breakfast, packed a lunch, brushed our teeth and combed our hair.

We did, however, take the car. 3 weeks to the move. Count it down.

No comments: