Monday, March 30, 2009

The New Piano

Tonight our new piano found it's way from out in the township onto the new bamboo floor I finished installing this morning. The house is going well, with 3 rooms upstairs floored, and the bamboo in, I have hope that it might actually get done. At least the floor. 'Cause it's kind of important. They tell me.

I took Peja over to the house today so I could jigsaw some final bits of the flooring, and she rocked out on my old yamaha keyboard. I bought it in Grade 8, for reasons I don't really know. I wanted to play the drums, and I already had a guitar, and we had a piano in the house -- but I guess I wanted my own. It came with all this "play along" stuff, where it plays the backing and you play the melody, and then you can start controlling the changes with one finger, and then by chording, and it really is when I started to learn how to read music and arrange with chords. Peja can't really read anything, but she quickly learned what number sounds she liked and what kind of stuff she could do with it (77 is a big favourite).

My junior boys basketball team is playing their first game tomorrow -- and exhibition game against the junior girls. The girls coach is a great coach, and a great basketball player -- I am very ready to watch my boys get killed. I think it'll be good for them. I always enjoy getting destroyed at basketball; reminds you of everything you need to work on.


No comments: