Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Central. . . Uh? Centrists?

Had a really great practice today with my little junior basketball team. This was the first time that me and my assistant coach really noticed a jump in skill level. The scrimmage resembled, at times, a basketball game -- shots were going in, and people were passing to the open man.

Last week I talked to the coach of the girls team about an inter-school game, and apparently that leaked out -- the boys were all asking me about it today. I think we're going to have it on the first or second practice after the march break. There are a bunch of tournaments around the city, but with central being such a small school, and our program being so new, I think we'll most likely just play our sister school, Sydenham public, and maybe a game against the teachers or something. We'll see how it goes.

We went to see our lawyer today to give him the ridiculous cheque for the house -- lots of zeros. . . Everything is all put together for the closing day on thursday. We have a final walk-through tomorrow to insure that everything is as it should be. We'd better get this deal put together, because this half-assembled basketball net is taking up most of our living room floor, and I think Sienna might notice soon. . .

No comments: